Monday, March 19, 2007

School


I go to School......


I go to school to make a better life


for the boy myself and wife.


I miss the boy and wife a lot


I'm nearby but can't be got.


I tell myself it's worth the strain


a temporary tiny pain.


But time not there won't come again.


I can't recall being stretched so thin.

I'll keep my nose deep in this book


and when I can I'll take a look


at my life going on around me.


I'll be a little sad because I'll see


I'm missing from the very part


that sits the closest to my heart.
I'll remind my self so I won't waste
time,which is short so best make haste


I go to school to make a better life


for the boy myself and wife.


Ronholio

2 comments:

Erudite Redneck said...

The fact that yer aware of this will kepe you from totally losing track of what's important.

From 2001 to 2004, I was working full time and working on a master's degree in history, and reading my ass off. Hundreds and hundreds of books, dude. And writing my ass off: Scores of heavily researched papers.

Two things had to give: I had to quit gardening, and I laid down my guitar -- and haven't picked it up again, which is sad.

And while I worked hard to make sure I was there for my kiddo in her high school years, I really was only halfway there some of the time -- and those years are forever gone now.

Never forget what you wrote here, brother. It will help you keep yer life in balanced. :-)

Ronholio said...

I lost my first marriage by focusing only on music (writng/performing). I learned my most important life lesson from this.

God/Family first, everything else second.

Ronholio